Where is the best place to spend your honeymoon? Diana had one place in mind… El Nido, Palawan! We headed to Puerto Princesa 2 days after our wedding last 4th of May 2013 (SDE c/o Aisle 1401).
Link to HD version: http://vimeo.com/66077449
Our accommodation was secured a few months ago but our itinerary wasn’t even done (never started to begin with!). We gathered as much information as we can via the World Wide Web only 3 hours before the flight. No itinerary? No problem!
Our flight was around 4pm, from NAIA Terminal 3 via PAL express and we arrived at Puerto Princesa around 530pm. We were welcomed by dozens of tour agents, van rentals and tricycle drivers. We decided to speak with a tricycle driver and ask if were could we spend the night. He offered us to bring us first to a van rental service that will schedule us a ride the following day to El Nido.
Fortwally Travel and Tours offered us to take their night trip going to El Nido, instead of spending the night at Puerto Princesa. I, then, called Chat of Telesfora Beach Cottages (El Nido) and she brought good news that we could check-in earlier that night. We will be staying at Telesfora through the remainder of our 3 night, 4 day trip.
Fortwally also arranged our tour for Day 1 and Day 2. Each tour starts at 9:00 AM and ends around 5:00 PM (varies).
Inland Tour – Nacpan Beach, Makinit Hotsprings and Nagkalit-Kalit Falls
Tour B (P800) – Snake Island, Cudognon Cave, Pangulasian Island, Cathedral Cave and Pinagbuyutan Island
Tour D (P700) – Cadlao Lagoon, Bukal Island, Ubugon Cave, Paradise Beach, Natnat Beach and Pasandigan Cove
* Telesfora Beach Cottages is located at Corong-Coring, El Nido Palawan, and 5 minutes from the town proper. Continental Breakfast included (Click here for more details).
* Electricity is from 2pm to 6am only.
* Tricycle fare differs from P10-P15.
* Meals are cheap as long as you eat at a carinderia along the Church (P50-P75 per head).
* Prepare pocket money (cash) before the trip because there are no ATM’s at El Nido. Few establishments accepts credit card.
* Rent or bring your own aqua shoes.
* No need to reserve tours prior to arrival. There are lots of tour/travel offices at El Nido that you could negotiate to. Rates are standard for all tours (A, B, C and D – lunch included; inland tours).
* Take nothing but pictures & memories. Do not feed the marine life!
How to get to El Nido, Palawan
- By public bus (RORO)
- By plane (flight to Puerto Princesa ) then air-conditioned Van (5-6 hr trip for P500-P600)
- By plane (direct flight via SEAIR and Island Transvoyager Inc.)
- By boat
|Arrival to Day 1||Php4,500.00|
|Day 3 to Manila||Php5,304.00|